Thursday 13 October 2016

My Animation Piece

My Short Animation Film

As you can see below is a short video animation piece which I have just created, I have created this by using modelling clay to create a character. I used iStopMotion 3 to complete the task I was given, my animation was 17 seconds long as you can see. I completed this task by taking single images per every shot, each shot was 1 second long therefore there is a lot of shots in this short animation, this can be compared to big movies and TV series like Shaun The Sheep and Wallace and Gromit where there must be thousands of shots. This is how modelling clay can be used to create animation. At around 9 seconds in I selected all of it then copied and pasted then reversed it which added another part to the short animation. The camera I used is called HueHD, a clever camera which is very flexible making it a lot easier for the animation to be filmed.



Another example of modelling animation has been created by Ryan Marr, he used the same technique as I did however his animation was longer than mine therefore there are many more shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment